Preparation is a critical step in the application of a long lasting paint job. A quality surface must be found and prepared properly for top coats to adhere properly. If any structural damage is identified such as dry rot, we will bring it to your attention and propose multiple solutions.
We take pride in our craftsmanship and we realize preparation and protection are vital to the longevity of the job.
- Pressure wash house with environmentally friendly detergent for mildew, moss and grime removal and general cleaning as required
- Driveways & walkways cleaned upon request
- Delicate areas are hand-washed
- House is given time to dry
- Scrape all loose paint throughout areas to be painted.
- Feather sand rough edges as necessary for a more consistent and clean look.
- Glossy areas are scuff-sanded to ensure that finish coat bonds strongly
- Apply specialty bonding primer to all applicable surfaces.
- Apply exterior primer to all bare wood.
- Caulking all splits in wood and windows for proper insulation and water damage prevention.
Depending on the work surface and client's needs we will spray, roll and hand brush work pieces to ensure the best finish quality.
Our clean up and final inspection help set us apart from other Houston Painting contractors and companies. We always mask all windows, doors, fixtures, landscaping and walkways. During our final inspection we perform the following:
- Plant beds cleaned and paint chips removed
- Outdoor fixtures & furniture left as we found them
- All trash is removed from site
- At the end of the project everything will be as clean or cleaner than we found it
- Confer with the owner to ensure they are satisfied with the work piece as well as the condition of the surrounding area.